Employee engagement is a property of the relationship between an organization and its employees. An "engaged employee" is one who is fully absorbed by and enthusiastic about their work and so takes positive action to further the organization's reputation and interests. This course aids managers in building the skills required to engage employees to perform at their best.
Employees take your leads, so be prepared to engage them.
- Learn to support your employees and connecting work to the organization
- Understand your employee's skills and use their best skills and abilities
- Create team satisfaction as you inform and inspire your team
- Understand the need for work-life balance
This course qualifies for PMI Professional Development Units (PDU) .
1. Supporting Employees
2. Connecting Work to the Organization
3. Requirements for Success
4. Using an Employee’s Best Skills and Abilities
5. Inform and Inspire Your Team
6. Work-Life Balance for Each Person
7. Appreciating Contribution and Results
Determine how you support your employees
Connect the work employees do to the organization and to future opportunities
Assess whether employees have what they need to be successful in their role
Perform a job evaluation to determine if a particular role uses an employee's best skills and abilities
Inform and inspire your employees regarding the team’s vision
Understand what work/life balance looks like for each person
Ask a leader to thank an individual employee or team for their contribution and results